Eat Random

The idea for this blog is to blog about everything I think about food and food culture. I'll tell you what I like to eat, where I like to eat it and if I thought it was good or if I thought it was crap. My thoughts about food could go anywhere. Hey if you don't like it go blog at methodicaldudereallythinksalotaboutthefoodhesgoingtoeat.blogspot.com

Random Dude Eats Random Food Indianapolis restaurants

Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Eatings or Lack Thereof/Drangon House revisit

I usually like to make the weekends my time devoted to trying new and interesting restaurants.  This last weekend however The Girlfriend and I just weren't feeling it.  We decided on the cheap and familiar with such non-thrilling culinary indulgences like Taco Bell, White Castle and Dragon House.  I know.  I know.  Hardly a murderer's row of restaurants from a guy who is supposed to be interested in trying and writing about new things.  However, I think sometimes the cheap and familiar is okay.  It's like slipping on that pair of comfortable perfectly worn-in sneakers.  You aren't going to impress anyone with your fashion sense, but fashion like food sometimes has to be about what you want and desire and not what other people tell you looks or tastes good. 

As is to be expected our meals were of the okay variety, and I certainly don't have much to complain about since that is pretty much what I expected.  The one thing I was a little disappointed in was our return trip to Dragon House Chinese Eatery.  If you read my previous review you know I'm a fan, but this time nothing on the hot bar was being replaced with fresh items and didn't taste quite as good.  We determined the reason for that was that it was Sunday night and they close an hour earlier than normal.  We came in a little later than usual and they weren't really interested in refreshing items on the hot bar.  Also, my beloved sliced bbq wasn't on the buffet.  Thankfully an item I hadn't tried called Peking Pork filled the tangy, sweet, spicy void.  I'll be going back, but I'll make sure it's at a busier time.

On deck on the blog for this week:  My review of Sahm's Restaurant and Pub

Dragon House Chinese Eatery on Urbanspoon

No comments: