Eat Random

The idea for this blog is to blog about everything I think about food and food culture. I'll tell you what I like to eat, where I like to eat it and if I thought it was good or if I thought it was crap. My thoughts about food could go anywhere. Hey if you don't like it go blog at methodicaldudereallythinksalotaboutthefoodhesgoingtoeat.blogspot.com

Random Dude Eats Random Food Indianapolis restaurants

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wedding Reception Dinner Services

Just this last weekend The Girlfriend and I attended a wedding for two of our good friends. The ceremony and reception were both very nice, and without going into a lot of detail the food at the latter was quite good. I think part of the reason for that was the way the method they used for the food service. Too often at wedding receptions you stay at your table and are served a dry bland piece of chicken you'd rather not eat. In my opinion it's far better to do what are friends did and have a kind of tapas buffet instead. There was a nice mix of hearty proteins, vegetable items, starches and fruit. Also it forces the guests to get up out of their seats earlier and be a little more social. When you add in some adult beverages a good time was had by all. I want to end by saying congratulations again to the bride and groom.
P.S. Also, I wanted to issue my most sincere apologies for forgetting to get the bride and groom a wedding gift. Apparently I'm a total moron that can't remember to do simple things while having an entire week off of work. Anyway sorry guys and I'll be sending you something here shortly.

1 comment:

catering service philippines said...

Food plays a major role in making an event successful. It is also necessary to select the best food option and catering service. It is better to hire finger food catering for parties and birthdays.

zonia