Eat Random

The idea for this blog is to blog about everything I think about food and food culture. I'll tell you what I like to eat, where I like to eat it and if I thought it was good or if I thought it was crap. My thoughts about food could go anywhere. Hey if you don't like it go blog at

Random Dude Eats Random Food Indianapolis restaurants

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Guest Blog: Homemade Chicken Salad Courtesy of The Daily Claire

If you've never checked out any of the links on my blogroll before one I encourage you to check out is a fun lifestyleish blog of a friend and co-worker of mine, The Daily Claire.  I'm not a big recipe or cook at home guy and since some of you are undoubtedly into that I decided to let Claire have a little showcase here for her chicken salad recipe.  It actually seems simple enough that I might try it out myself.  Enjoy.

This recipe was inspired by a recent craving I had for chicken salad.  Not having any of the ingredients on hand, I ordered one at a local spot and was hit with that familiar "You know, I could totally make this better" feeling.  So I did.

Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad 

4 Cups Cooked Chicken-Cubed
1/2 cup Sour Cream ( I used light)
1/2 cup Mayo (I used light w/Olive Oil)
4 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
A couple good shakes of garlic powder
A couple good shakes of paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Cup Finely Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
1 Cup Toasted Pecans, Chopped
1 1/2 Cups Crasins (sweetened dried cranberries)
Mix together sour cream, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.  Stir in remaining ingredients and you're done.  Enjoy it on a wrap, in a sandwich or with a fork.  
Editors Note:  Claire informed me to get maximum flavor out of this recipe it's probably best enjoyed the day after preparation to let the flavors meld and intensify a bit.

No comments: