Eat Random

The idea for this blog is to blog about everything I think about food and food culture. I'll tell you what I like to eat, where I like to eat it and if I thought it was good or if I thought it was crap. My thoughts about food could go anywhere. Hey if you don't like it go blog at methodicaldudereallythinksalotaboutthefoodhesgoingtoeat.blogspot.com

Random Dude Eats Random Food Indianapolis restaurants

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Guest Blog: Homemade Chicken Salad Courtesy of The Daily Claire

If you've never checked out any of the links on my blogroll before one I encourage you to check out is a fun lifestyleish blog of a friend and co-worker of mine, The Daily Claire.  I'm not a big recipe or cook at home guy and since some of you are undoubtedly into that I decided to let Claire have a little showcase here for her chicken salad recipe.  It actually seems simple enough that I might try it out myself.  Enjoy.




This recipe was inspired by a recent craving I had for chicken salad.  Not having any of the ingredients on hand, I ordered one at a local spot and was hit with that familiar "You know, I could totally make this better" feeling.  So I did.

Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad 

4 Cups Cooked Chicken-Cubed
1/2 cup Sour Cream ( I used light)
1/2 cup Mayo (I used light w/Olive Oil)
4 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
A couple good shakes of garlic powder
A couple good shakes of paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Cup Finely Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
1 Cup Toasted Pecans, Chopped
1 1/2 Cups Crasins (sweetened dried cranberries)
Mix together sour cream, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.  Stir in remaining ingredients and you're done.  Enjoy it on a wrap, in a sandwich or with a fork.  
Editors Note:  Claire informed me to get maximum flavor out of this recipe it's probably best enjoyed the day after preparation to let the flavors meld and intensify a bit.

No comments: