Eat Random

The idea for this blog is to blog about everything I think about food and food culture. I'll tell you what I like to eat, where I like to eat it and if I thought it was good or if I thought it was crap. My thoughts about food could go anywhere. Hey if you don't like it go blog at methodicaldudereallythinksalotaboutthefoodhesgoingtoeat.blogspot.com

Random Dude Eats Random Food Indianapolis restaurants

Thursday, February 17, 2011

(Jerry Seinfeld voice) What's the deal with siracha??

Siracha, if you're not familiar, is an Asian hot sauce that you can buy at your local supermarket and carries a pretty high level of heat in my opinion.  I like spicy foods and it can be a good condiment especially for the bland offerings of Noodles and Co (a topic for another day).  However, what I don't get is that it seems to be developing a trend all of its own.  Lately I have seen recipes and features on promient food websites talking about both Siracha burgers and Siracha spaghetti and meatballs.  Granted I haven't tasted those dishes, but I doubt just adding Siracha really makes either dish a new creation.  It just makes them hotter.  We'll have to keep an eye on this one to see if it develops into cupcake like proportions.

No comments: