Eat Random

The idea for this blog is to blog about everything I think about food and food culture. I'll tell you what I like to eat, where I like to eat it and if I thought it was good or if I thought it was crap. My thoughts about food could go anywhere. Hey if you don't like it go blog at methodicaldudereallythinksalotaboutthefoodhesgoingtoeat.blogspot.com

Random Dude Eats Random Food Indianapolis restaurants

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Wish I Was Tailgating

As I sit here on my couch this Saturday afternoon watching college football games from around the nation I can't help but think about how much I miss tailgating for games during my time at Indiana University.  Even though it was always exciting to out and support the championship contending Indiana Hoosiers it was more fun to hit the tailgate fields with your friends and have the only kind of party that is worth a damn at 8 am on Saturday morning.

There are 3 things that are important must haves for any tailgating experience: friends (preferrably one with a truck and or grill), booze, and some good outdoor eats.  For my circle of friends items 1 and 2 were never a problem, but I'll be quite honest our tailgate food left a little to be desired.  We mostly cooked cheap hamburgers and hotdogs.  They were good for soaking up the booze, but not much else.  Of course being in college that wasn't really where our priorities laid.

It's too bad none of us really get the chance to go tailgating any more.  After watching people that really do it up right I'd be ready to get out there and make some wings, ribs, sausages, sandwiches and desserts.  One of my friends has floated the idea of maybe buying a bus to set up for some awesome IU tailgating, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.  If it ever happens I'll be there ready to chow down...oh and drink some booze..plenty of booze.

No comments: